The debate of who Jesus is or was (as others point) has been debate for as long as 2000+ years. There has been many conversations, interview, debate, argument as to the identity of Jesus. Most of such has ended in more confusion than answer to the question.
This post is an eye opener to those who are curious as to the identity of Jesus. This post will expose the reason the question has not been answered. (This post Is About the Identity of Jesus which as viewed by different people)
We will look at few class of humanity who are burden with the challenge of answering the question.
- Christians: In Christianity Jesus is part of the Trinity (Father, Son and Spirit) and he is the Son who is called Emmanuel (God with us). He came to this world and became the saviour of man-kind.
- Jews: In Judaism Jesus is there brother, the son of Joseph the carpenter, who grow up among them. They know his brothers and sisters. To them Jesus is there brother.
- Muslims: In Islam Jesus is a prophet sent by God. Islam believe God send Jesus as he sent other prophet thou Jesus was giving more grace and ability to perform special miracle. To them Jesus is a prophet.
- Atheists: To the atheist Jesus is another historic figure, who once lived on the planet earth. They regard not as a deity but as a historic personality.
- Other religions: In other religion Jesus is a great moral teacher.
Back to the question, WHO IS JESUS? The question that has plaque the human race for long. This the question that has gave others hope, others it results in wars, battles, disputed etc.
To successfully answer this question then the questioner and the provider of the answer must agree on which of the Jesus they want to know and they are explaining respectably.
When a Muslim ask an atheist or a Christian who is Jesus? Then for clarity and for easy answer is to explain to him as a Muslim you will tell him about JESUS THE PROPHET AND A CHRISTIAN YOU TALK TO HIM ABOUT JESUS THE SAVIOUR etc.
So to put an end to the long debate is to identify which Jesus you are asked. To know about:
Jesus the saviour THEN study the holy bible.
Jesus our brother THEN study the Jewish history.
Jesus the prophet THEN study the Quran.
Jesus the historic figure THEN study ancient history.
Jesus the great moral teacher THEN study other religious materials.
I hope this post will help bring an end to the misconception and understanding arising from the question WHO IS JESUS?
You must be logged in to post a comment.