RELATIONSHIP CHECK – 10 ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR MARRIAGE
1. Reserve time for one another at all costs.
2. Spend only what you have — financial stress kills romance.
3. Leave no room for selfishness — be relationship givers and not takers.
4. Make sure the “leave and cleave” principle takes place (Genesis 2:24).
5. Bring your expectations in line with reality — the perfect spouse does not exist.
6. Trust one another and build reasonable boundaries — jealousy and trust rarely co-exist.
7. Avoid alcohol or substance abuse, pornography, gambling, and other potential addictions that will quickly kill your marriage and your life.
8. Be content with having enough — “Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread” (Proverbs 30:8).
9. Think of your marriage as a marathon — you will need determination and faith to go the distance of a lifetime.
10. Keep Christ at the center and remember His words, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
Credit: search Nigeria